- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon finely julienned ginger
- 12 apricots, cut into sixths
- 4 egg whites
- 4 ounces superfine powdered sugar
- 6 5-inch puff pastry rounds, unbaked
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup crystal sugar
- powdered sugar in a shaker
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add vanilla bean, ginger and apricots and let cool to room temperature.
- Remove vanilla bean.
- Distribute mixture into individual 8-ounce ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a stainless-steel bowl, add powdered sugar into egg whites and whip with an Oster® hand/stand mixer to form an icing.
- Wrap tops of ramekins with puff pastry.
- Drizzle on icing, then sprinkle almonds and crystal sugar.
- Bake until pastry forms dome.