- 6 green chiles, roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried red chile
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 scallions, chopped, including greens
- 1 lb cooked lump crabmeat
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 6 blue corn tortillas
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Sauté the onion and garlic in butter until soft. Add the green chiles. Stir in the flour and cumin and heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Mix in the crabmeat with one cup of sauce and one cup of the cheese.
- Soften the tortillas in a damp towel in the microwave, about 10 seconds. Butter a casserole dish. Place one of the tortillas in the dish, put a couple of tablespoon of the crab mixture on the tortilla, and roll it up, making sure that the open end of the tortilla is on the bottom of the dish (so that enchilada will stay together). Continue the process with each of the tortillas until the dish is filled.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas and top with more grated cheese. Bake in a 350°F Oster® toaster oven just long enough to heat through and melt cheese, about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.